R&D intern: Support of Julia in Data Science Studio
- You believe Machine Learning & Big data technologies are the future.
- You can't help yourself from looking under the hood.
- You want to work for a startup… but not for one that will disappear before your internship ends.
- You want to improve your FIFA skills (PS4 edition).
- You want to learn to code on a real product codebase with talented developers
Don't look further! You found your next internship.
Dataiku is an end-to-end collaboration platform that is revolutionizing how data science teams from 5 to 500 people work together to create and share insights from big data. It is designed to be the one place where everyone in the data science process works together: it’s as powerful for PhD data scientists as it is for Business Analysts as it is for DevOps engineers as it is for IT professionals.
We’re growing really quickly (more than doubling every year), and we’re building out our global presence with amazing team members in France, the US, the UK, the Netherlands, and Singapore (with more locations on the way).
Today Data Scientists can use Python or R to add arbitrary custom logic into the platform. They can also use these programming languages to discover and plot data with interactive notebooks or to create their own updatable custom reports.
The objective of the internship is to allow Data Scientists to use the Julia programming language wherever they are now using Python or R.
- Get familiar with Julia if you don't know it yet.
- Add ability to write Julia scripts to clean up and transform datasets.
- Add ability to use Julia in Jupyter notebooks.
- Add ability to create Dataiku plugins written in Julia.
- Celebrate and party because now Data Scientists can use their favorite programming language in Dataiku.
We’re looking for really talented, smart, kind, and genuinely curious individuals to work alongside us.
To succeed, you should:
- be autonomous, to drive your subject.
- be eager to learn new things.
- have a basic knowledge of Web development.
As an intern, you'll join the R&D team of a startup, composed of 20 engineers passionate about software development and developing an amazing product (Yes, we love our product, No, we are not biased ;-))
The atmosphere is both serious and fun (breakfast every morning in the kitchen, large screen to play FIFA, After data drinks, …) and our nice and cozy offices located in the heart of Paris.
The monthly remuneration will be:
- 1000 euros for students in 4th year of university / engineering school.
- 1400 euros for students in 5th years of university / engineering school.
Remuneration additionally includes 50% reimbursement of public transit pass.
A full-time contract position might be offered at the end of the internship.