Data Science Intern
We are looking for a Data Science Intern to join Dataiku in our New York office for a 3-6 month internship. As part of the Data Science team, you will work on Natural Language Processing (NLP) capabilities.
The work will revolve around building NLP tools to enrich text datasets (such as part of speech tagging and named entity recognition), creating text visualizations, and training reusable machine learning models for NLP, with a focus on usability and scalability.
Initial responsibilities will include:
- Researching and implementing state-of-the-art named entity extraction techniques for multiple languages.
- Testing and profiling different approaches on real world data.
- Packaging techniques as reusable modules written in python, using spaCy as the foundation.
You are our ideal candidate if:
- You know that boosting trees is not about gardening.
- You write great Python.
- You aren’t afraid to get you head hands dirty and dive into coding.
- You want to work in a startup environment.