R&D intern: DynamoDB or ElasticSearch support in Dataiku Data Science Studio
We are looking for two R&D interns to work on two different topics:
If you know that DynamoDB is not a database powered by some guys pedalling on bikes or that ElasticSearch has nothing to do with bungee jumping. Don't look further! You found your next internship.
Dataiku is an end-to-end collaboration platform that is revolutionizing how data science teams from 5 to 500 people work together to create and share insights from big data. It is designed to be the one place where everyone in the data science process works together: it’s as powerful for PhD data scientists as it is for Business Analysts as it is for DevOps engineers as it is for IT professionals.
We’re growing really quickly (more than doubling every year), and we’re building out our global presence with amazing team members in France, the US, the UK, the Netherlands, and Singapore (with more locations on the way).
Dataiku connects together all big data technologies. We work with SQL databases, MongoDB, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Spark, MLLib, scikit-learn, Shiny, … and many more. Basically, our technological stack is made of all technologies of the big data and machine learning landscape.
We are looking for two interns because today Dataiku can already read from and write to a wide range of storage such as SQL databases, Hadoop, Vertica, S3 but is missing advanced support for DynamoDB and ElasticSearch. The objective of these internships will be to add or enhance the support of Amazon DynamoDB or ElasticSearch into Dataiku.
Your mission will be to:
- ElasticSearch internship:
- Discover and play with ElasticSearch and its aggregation framework and with Dataiku charts engine.
- Design, code and test the ElasticSearch aggregation support in the charts engine.
- Celebrate and party because now Data Analytics can uncover hidden insights on the fly on data stored in ElasticSearch
- DynamoDB internship:
- Design and code a connector to read datasets from DynamoDB, including schema detection, and to write datasets into DynamoDB.
- Extend the connector to handle security (authentication and authorization)
- Celebrate and party because now Data Scientists can use their favorite database in Dataiku.
We’re looking for really talented, smart, kind, and genuinely curious individuals to work alongside us.
To succeed, you should:
- be autonomous, to drive your subject.
- be eager to learn new things.
- have a basic knowledge of Web development
As an intern, you'll join the R&D team of a startup, composed of 20 engineers passionate about software development and developing an amazing product (Yes, we love our product, No, we are not biased ;-))
We have great office space in the center of Paris (Bonne Nouvelle) with free breakfast, coffee, and much more!
The monthly remuneration will be:
- 1000 euros for students in 4th year of university / engineering school.
- 1400 euros for students in 5th years of university / engineering school.
Remuneration additionally includes 50% reimbursement of public transit pass.
A full-time contract position might be offered at the end of the internship.