Technical Sales Engineer - Data Science
Dataiku is looking for experienced presales data science specialists to join our Sales Engineering team.
The role consists in supporting Dataiku’s sales efforts along the following three categories:
Building Interest in Dataiku
- Positioning the value of our technology in front of prospective clients
- Building and delivering demonstrations of the project, on data and use cases relevant to the prospect, and to their specific circumstances
Building Solutions in Dataiku
Sales Engineers are the primary builders of solutions that match the customer’s needs with the capabilities of our technology, which require:
- Knowledge of adjacent technologies, including:
- Data storage and computing infrastructure for data of all sizes (SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark, on-premise, and cloud)
- Machine learning libraries and techniques, their respective strengths and limitations
- Visualization and dashboarding solutions
- Competing analytics and data science platforms and their respective strengths and weaknesses
- The capabilities of Dataiku's technology in great depth
- The value which Dataiku's technology has delivered to other customers through in-depth knowledge of use cases, user stories, and the way in which the value that Dataiku delivers can be calculated
Building Evaluations of Dataiku
The Sales Engineer supports prospective clients that wish to evaluate our technology by:
- Structuring evaluations by identifying the core capabilities that need to be tested, and defining the most efficient way for them to be tested
- Building the evaluation project plan, with detailed timelines and responsibilities
- Marshalling the necessary resources from within Dataiku and the client organization in order to ensure that the evaluation progresses efficiently
- Monitoring and ensuring that the evaluation goes to plan, and addressing any issues that may come up during the evaluation
Dataiku is a young company with great momentum and at this phase of very rapid growth, the Sales Engineer is likely to work cross-functionally with Sales, Product Manager and Engineering, and will be a key player in supporting Dataiku's East Coast strategy.
We’re looking for someone who can express passion about the data science, and communicate this passion to our customers.
- 3+ Years Experience in Data Science and Analytics
- Experience in complex / large-scale enterprise analytics deployment
- Familiarity with the open source ecosystems: Hadoop, Python, R, H2O, ..
- Travel 10 to 40%Assist in all phases of the presales process for solution selling
- Work with multiple Account Executives & partners to support opportunity qualification process
- Direct presentations to prospective customers and partners using knowledge of industry trends and standards and common industry challenges coupled with Dataiku solution knowledge
- Prepare technical part of response to RFPs and RFIs
- Drive the process of delivering high-quality product and architecture presentations and demonstrations
- Configure the Dataiku product and demonstrate advanced product concepts
- Train partners and customers on products and features and assist in implementation of the product.
- Customize and present Customer Presentations for every Customer/Industry/Role
- Ensure to follow up on problems and process independently related to solutions engineering whatever in pre-sale or implementation capacity ensuring excellent customer experience.
- Lead validation and implementation of technical requirements with customers ensuring smooth deployment of solution, working with the R&D & Operations.
- Assist account teams in ensuring customer satisfaction
- Represent Dataiku as a general industry Subject Matter Expert
- Travel to customer sites across the US
- Great communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to promote our software through smart blog posts, meet-ups and speaker engagements
You will be part of a rapidly growing team responsible for developing a market with huge potential
Dataiku DSS is an innovative, state-to-the-art product which has already demonstrated product market fit
Dataiku has a strong culture based on key values: Ownership, Passion, Autonomy and Friendliness
You will be part of a great adventure, joining a young company with great momentum and a promising future
Dataiku is widely recognized as one of the best tech startups in the Big Data ecosystem. In September 2017, we raised a $28M Series B led by Battery Ventures to push our products to new heights and deploy internationally. Since February 2017, we have been named a Visionary by Gartner for Data Science Platforms. We have a great working atmosphere, centered on openness and friendliness. We also have great office space in the downtown New York with free breakfast, coffee, and much more!